Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what vitamin supplements are you using ?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what vitamin supplements are you using ?

Can members list for me what current vitamin supplements they are using and a list of their contents please if you can make the time, it will be useful for all of us, i would appreciate it, can you also state if its water soluble or powdered.

thanks in advance

sab
    http://www.eclectusparrot.co.uk
    http://www.blueeclectus.com

Re: what vitamin supplements are you using ?

Dear SAB for your information please

http://birdsplanet.com/forum/showthr...eeding-results
    Collection: Exhibition & Crested Exhibition Budgerigars, Indian Ringnecks, Alexandrians,Love Birds

Comment

Not using any Vitamin or supplements as most of them are made for poultry or cattles, very few are available here in Pakistan which are for exotic birds and importers are selling at sky high prices.

I am giving my birds all types of seasonal fruits/vegies, soaked/sprouted beans, pulses, boiled rice, soft food, corn on comb and a good seed mix. My birds never show signs of any kind of defficiency.

NOTE: This thread is only for listing the Vitamins/supplements used by any fancier, not to debate either they are good or bad. Please stick to the subject
      Never get jealous when you see your EX with someone else, because our parents taught us to give our used toys to less fortunate

Comment

only using Vitamin B12 recommended by seniors here.am also using fruits vegetables, bread,corn and other seed mix to fill the deficiency.problem is that we dont have specific bird vitamins here. you have to find it on high prices as mentioned by honourable Sir Jee.

Comment

AssalamoAlaikum Saboor Bhai
          I am using faraminovit and nutreka
          both are in powder form being water soluble

have attached a comparison file of ingredients of the products that were available to me here in Karachi.Based on this comparison,i finalized nutreka and faraminovit for the birds

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...FxbHc&hl=en_US
          You were born with wings
          Why prefer to crawl through life?

-Rumi

Comment

I am personally not using any vitamins or other supplements ... below is the list of useful vitamins, their benefits and sources from natural foods and solubility level...

Vitamin A = good for Vision , healthy bones , immune system and reproduction
            Sources (eggs,carrots, potatoes, dark green colored vegetables like spinach)
            FAT SOLUBLE

Folic Acid or Vitamin B9= Being used by pregnant women all over the world to help minimized the defects in new born baby
            Sources (Dark green colored vegetables like spinach, Oranges, some grains)
            NOT WATER SOLUBLE

Biotin or Vitamin B7= very essential in body's metabolic reactions and good for cell growth.. It's a common ingredient in creams that are used in men and women for hair loss ..
            Sources (Lettuce, carrots, tomatoes )
            NOT WATER SOLUBLE

Thiamine or Vitamin B1 = good for nervous system and heart , helps convert food into energy and good for normal growth...
            Sources ( lentils , peas , wheat bread , spinach, orange , wheat germ (contains the most) ..
            THIAMINE ALONE IS SOLUBLE IN WATER BUT IF USED AS THIAMINE*HCL THEN ITS ONLY SOLUBLE IN ACIDIC WATER

Pyridoxine or Vitamin B6= good for women as it balances the hormonal change in them, good for cell growth, and immune system .. it is also good for skin and heart problems!!
            Sources (eggs, chicken, carrots , fish, walnuts)
            NOT WATER SOLUBLE

Riboflavin or Vitamin B2 = good for red cells, respiratory system, skin nail and hair growth, and good for healing wounds ..
            Sources ( whole grains, green vegetables, milk, fish, eggs, almonds and mushrooms)
            NOT WATER SOLUBLE

Cobalamin or Vitamin B12= good to maintain healthy nervous system and to make blood cells ..
            Sources (Dairy products and eggs)
            WATER SOLUBLE TO SOME EXTENT

Niacin or Nicotinic Acid or Vitamin B3= main purpose is to convert food into energy but also good for hormone production ,nervous and digestive system.. good for lowering bad cholesterol .
            Sources (chicken, beef(liver and kidney), fish, beets , strawberry and peanuts)
            WATER SOLUBLE

Ascorbic Acid or Vitamin C= used in the formation of collagen that is good for giving bone structure, blood vessels and muscle .. Also good for bones, teeth and helps in the absorption of Iron ..
            Sources (most of the raw fruits and vegetables)
            Now human body can not store Vitamin C but it is soluble in water

Vitamin K= is good for production of coagulation proteins.. or in simple words it helps regulate the blood to clot when needed ..
            Sources (Asparagus , green vegetables, olive oil )
            ONLY FAT SOLUBLE

Vitamin D = helps in the absorption and metabolism of calcium and phosphorous..
            Sources (Sunlight, also some diary products , fish, cereals, eggs)
            ONLY FAT SOLUBLE
            Also has chains D1-D2-D3-D4-D5 ...

Vitamin E = Protects blood cells, good for DNA, also protects eye retina , nervous system and muscles.. good source as an antioxidant also it acts as a shield against poisons and diseases that can damage the body..
            Sources (cod liver oil , wheat germ oil , nuts , green vegetables , sprouts , soy beans , olive oil, broccoli , spinach)
            FAT SOLUBLE

The B series vitamins are interconnected with many associated functions and sources.

I can go deep in Vitamin D and K series .. And Inshallah, i will do that in near future .. and if i have said something wrong or it conflicts with internet .. I apologize But this is my personal and professional experience with them !!
            Regards,
            Last edited by watchman; 11-07-2011, 02:45 AM. Reason: edited as Ascorbic
            *Haters gonna Hate*
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind !!!

Comment

adeel(c0keguy) bhai ne to baat he khatam ker di itni achi detail de ker where supplements, their need and their natural sources are side by side. perfect.
              Haroon ur Rasheed

We may not realize that a better solution or trade-off is possible until we see it.

Comment

Guys here is a multi vitamin/ multi mineral supplement with the trace elements. I use it for my finches and parrots. It is recommended to be used on soft food and fruits and is not soluble in water. I have intentionally not mentioned the name of the manufacturer and its brand name, otherwise it will be observed as an advertisement.

This product is from Holland and sold through their distributors world wide over.

Regards
                Watchman
                Attached Files
                Last edited by watchman; 07-31-2011, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Absorbic Acid or Vitamin C= used in the formation of collagen that is good for giving bone structure, blood vessels and muscle .. Also good for bones, teeth and helps in the absorption of Iron ..
                  Sources (most of the raw fruits and vegetables)
                  Now human body can not store Vitamin C but it is soluble in water
                  Sorry its Ascorbic Acid !!!! it wont allow me to edit anymore ...
                  *Haters gonna Hate*
                  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind !!!

Comment

Thanksto all the brothers who have replied,

brother cokeguy i will certainly be picking your brains at some point certainly so i can look at what i am using myself, watchman can you please share the name, i am hoping to look at a comparison similar to brother usaid who has currently done faraminovit and nutreka, permaso and prime, i have vitalyte from brother imran, is there any others which people are using, i will search the forum but i'm sure i have heard about nekton products.

And finally, this is not a thread about who does and who doesnt use supplements.

thanks again

sab

Comment

Originally posted by sab View Post
                      Thanksto all the brothers who have replied,

brother cokeguy i will certainly be picking your brains at some point certainly so i can look at what i am using myself, watchman can you please share the name, i am hoping to look at a comparison similar to brother usaid who has currently done faraminovit and nutreka, permaso and prime, i have vitalyte from brother imran, is there any others which people are using, i will search the forum but i'm sure i have heard about nekton products.

And finally, this is not a thread about who does and who doesnt use supplements.

thanks again

sab
                      saboor go for natural products, why artificial aids ??
                      Never get jealous when you see your EX with someone else, because our parents taught us to give our used toys to less fortunate

Comment

sir jee

i dont want this thread starting to discuss artificial v's natural for a reason, in fact you have quoted this yourself, the reason will come clear some time later once i have done my comparison.

sab

Comment

I am not discussing........just an advise based on my personal experience......

Comment

I am using Grow More (Powder Form) and Vitamino (Liquid Form)

Comment

I give them vitamin or supplement when they need it
                              Rao Muhammad

Comment

Working...
                              X