Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused

i paired
    Lutino male * whiteface female (pics are below)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	11009084_643485339112750_2407921945611880369_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	426347
    i got normal grey chicks how is this possible?
    chicks picsClick image for larger version

Name:	1959496_643481352446482_7952750689938433068_n.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	426348
    ''Mistakes'' are painful when they happens,but A collection of ''Mistakes'' called experience.

Re: confused

above pair male parents were
    male lutino * clear pied female
    pics
    and whiteface female parents were
    whiteface pied *cinammon pearl female
    pics
    ''Mistakes'' are painful when they happens,but A collection of ''Mistakes'' called experience.

Comment

[MENTION=7238]Sherjil[/MENTION] [MENTION=7715]ahmadfarhan[/MENTION] [MENTION=8425]Bahroni[/MENTION]

Comment

This happens to me as well. I have a cockatiel pair whose male is PIED as show below in the picture and female is pearl but the result are grey chicks in two clutches. I am also confused why ALL chicks are grey.

Name:	pic.jpg
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	381829

Comment

Probably this white face female was already a bred daughter of a common father with a white face mother. Puting in Lutino (sex linked gene) did not appear in the phenotype (visual looking). But non the less, these male chicks are split to lutino and hens are common.

Did you buy this white face female from a trusted breeder or just a random buy from market?
          Best Regards,

Bilal Saeed Khan

Comment

[MENTION=6074]Bilal Saeed Khan[/MENTION] brother female was my home breed which i got from
            this pair
            pied male *cinammon pearl female (pics below)

Name:	581158_390494674411819_1519922492_n.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	381838

Comment

ju confusing cheez hy woh yeh hay k
              when i paired
              lutino male ( sex linke)*clear pied female (recessive)
              i.e

Name:	1236294_390506424410644_240525709_n.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	381839
              i got lutino males and females .and afterward when i paired there son with whiteface i got normal grey chicks .how is it possible?
              Clear pied female ki history nahin hy meray pass jis say li thy ues k mytabiq ies k parents
              lutino male* clear pied
              or
              clear pied * lutino female

Comment

this is confusing....

I think, (just a guess) This lutino male (father of the son who has now bred gray chicks) was a split already. Being sexlinked, he produced lutino females and because of HIS female being split already, thy have transfered normal gene in the second generation.

Or it can be in the genes of the pied male (father of he mother who has bred gray chicks now).

Allah ki raza hai.

I would strongly suggest to pair lutino birds to lutino birds so the genes stop crossing again n again. If continued that way, normal gray will be in the genotype of every other bird.
                Best Regards,

Bilal Saeed Khan

Comment

Brother with this pairing u will get normal grey chicks.
                  I mean all males will be normal grey split to lutino and all females will be lutino.
                  All normal grey means u have all males in this clutch.
                  ------- Budgies (Normal , Red Eye, Crested), Cockteils, Rumps, CAG, RingNecks, RAA & Macaws -------

Comment

You cannot have a male lutino bird from this pairing.
                    If u got the male, then it is probably due to the fact that, your male bird was split to pied and u paired it to a clear pied female. So the male now is not lutino but clear pied.
                    Please see if the bird has red eyes or black. It should have black eyes or else you are mixing up with parents.
                    In that case, you will get all normal grey chicks, like u have got it now unless and untill female is split to pied.
                    Howevery, From pix it seems the female bird is not whiteface but whiteface pied.

Originally posted by usman zahoor View Post
                    above pair male parents were
                    male lutino * clear pied female pics[ATTACH=CONFIG]52990[/ATTACH]
                    and whiteface female parents were
                    whiteface pied *cinammon pearl female
                    pics[ATTACH=CONFIG]52991[/ATTACH]
                    ------- Budgies (Normal , Red Eye, Crested), Cockteils, Rumps, CAG, RingNecks, RAA & Macaws -------

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadfarhan View Post
                      You cannot have a male lutino bird from this pairing.
                      If u got the male, then it is probably due to the fact that, your male bird was split to pied and u paired it to a clear pied female. So the male now is not lutino but clear pied.
                      Please see if the bird has red eyes or black. It should have black eyes or else you are mixing up with parents.
                      In that case, you will get all normal grey chicks, like u have got it now unless and untill female is split to pied.
                      Howevery, From pix it seems the female bird is not whiteface but whiteface pied.
                      i am 110 % sure males are red eye bird. is this possible if clear pied female is carying Lutino?ino gene ?i bought clear pied female from a friend now he has finished cockatiels. but when i asked him About female parent he was not sure but he told me her parents were
                      Lutino male*clear pied
                      or
                      Clear pied *lutino female

Comment

Working...
                      X