Turquoise Blue & its Allele in the Indian Ringneck By Babu Chauhan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turquoise Blue & its Allele in the Indian Ringneck By Babu Chauhan

A nice article written by Babu Chauhan about different alleles of parblue in rose ringed parakeets. Although the main focus was to identify incorrect names given to different alleles of parblue ; however he has precisely mentioned key identifiers for differentiating them apart from each other.

Enjoy reading

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6b...it?usp=sharing
    "Success" is just one step ahead from where you get exhausted, so never stop trying !

Email: [email protected] FB: www.facebook.com/aviculture.pakistan

Re: Turquoise Blue & its Allele in the Indian Ringneck By Babu Chauhan

Originally posted by Sherjil View Post
    A nice article written by Babu Chauhan about different alleles of parblue in rose ringed parakeets. Although the main focus was to identify incorrect names given to different alleles of parblue ; however he has precisely mentioned key identifiers for differentiating them apart from each other.

Enjoy reading

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6b...it?usp=sharing
    AOA

pa g lovely share, though the words r clear but wasnt able to amuse my eyes by true colors of Pics dont know y

Sherjjil bai dont know upto how much extent its correct that Babu sometimes has his own theories regarding defining Color names as said by others (read in different articles)
    like he name AMBER color (i myself dont understand)

no doubt he is a genius

u have special interest in Turq hmmmmmmmm
    rnt u writing an article about it hahhahahah will b helpful for me too

regards
    A still Tongue makes a Wise head

Comment

Originally posted by King Kong View Post
      AOA

pa g lovely share, though the words r clear but wasnt able to amuse my eyes by true colors of Pics dont know y

Sherjjil bai dont know upto how much extent its correct that Babu sometimes has his own theories regarding defining Color names as said by others (read in different articles)
      like he name AMBER color (i myself dont understand)

no doubt he is a genius

u have special interest in Turq hmmmmmmmm
      rnt u writing an article about it hahhahahah will b helpful for me too

regards
      Thanks [MENTION=7335]King Kong[/MENTION] bhai for appreciation. Well Babu is a lucky man as for discovering new mutations one needs more luck than more grey cells in his brain lol. He is well known for introducing new mutations to the world there are lots of stars on his chest just to mention emerald , indigo , saphire , dhani , dominant pieds in ringnecks , blue in plumheads and I dont know how many in Alexandrines.

I agree with you that he might not be very sound in genetics so he tries to name new mutations from marketing point of view by tagging them with the names of gem stones or some precious thing rather than naming based upon how the mutation looks. However those mutations are real & you can see them on real birds . You may blame him for creating confusion but we should give him due credit for discovering new mutations and sharing them with rest of the world.

Regarding amber or umber it is basically what is called misty mutation. Misty is structural just like Dark , Grey or Violet etc and inherits dominant . Because Babu discovered misty in plumheads so he named it as amber.

I am sure you must have seen his latest discovery in ringnecks called dhani. It give genuine purple color when combined with violet, believe me it is to die for

"Success" is just one step ahead from where you get exhausted, so never stop trying !

Comment

[MENTION=7238]Sherjil[/MENTION] ,thats one heck of a bird.how does he find all these mutations?ab apnay jasso ka dil turquise mein kahan lagay ga.thanks for the sharing,it really was a surprise.

Comment

Sir ji lagta hy kay wapis Ringneck per ana pary ga ! Aur woo bhee sirf Blue series may.....A real good post by Sherjil
          .Just wanted to ask what does it mean ''mutations were discovered by Babu Chohan'' why not to use the word created (Only Allah is the Creator , so not in that sense at all ) I meant only an Artistic endeavour on scientific lines.. like an Artist he creates a masterpiece in Ringnecks mutations...or he has so much ringnecks that he accidently come across a mutation...Babu Chohan is a big name and he must be following a a strict breeding regime !

Comment

[MENTION=5280]lovenature[/MENTION] , he didnt create them as the mutations were already present he only facilitated them to be more obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by khan_g View Post
              [MENTION=7238]Sherjil[/MENTION] ,thats one heck of a bird.how does he find all these mutations?ab apnay jasso ka dil turquise mein kahan lagay ga.thanks for the sharing,it really was a surprise.
              I don't really know how he finds these gems ... but let's just say he seems to be a resourceful man

Don't under estimate the potential of parblue alleles [MENTION=10671]khan_g[/MENTION] . Name me any single hit mutation combination which doesn't include parblue ? Every big ringneck fancier has them in his collection. It's not parblue itself but it's ability to transform the blue series mutations into real attraction
              Last edited by Sherjil; 06-03-2014, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovenature View Post
                Sir ji lagta hy kay wapis Ringneck per ana pary ga ! Aur woo bhee sirf Blue series may.....A real good post by Sherjil
                .Just wanted to ask what does it mean ''mutations were discovered by Babu Chohan'' why not to use the word created (Only Allah is the Creator , so not in that sense at all ) I meant only an Artistic endeavour on scientific lines.. like an Artist he creates a masterpiece in Ringnecks mutations...or he has so much ringnecks that he accidently come across a mutation...Babu Chohan is a big name and he must be following a a strict breeding regime !
                Thanks [MENTION=5280]lovenature[/MENTION] what's the story behind leaving ringnecks ?

Comment

i was kidding.i wasnt underestimating parblue i was overpraising dhani :P.

Comment

very nice sharing sherjil bhai. It could have been more better if there is improved picture quality. I don't know it is intentional filtered pictures or the poor quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Asad Khan View Post
                      very nice sharing sherjil bhai. It could have been more better if there is improved picture quality. I don't know it is intentional filtered pictures or the poor quality.
                      [MENTION=7391]Asad Khan[/MENTION] [MENTION=5280]lovenature[/MENTION] [MENTION=7335]King Kong[/MENTION] [MENTION=10671]khan_g[/MENTION]

Ok guys now I get why you are complaining about colors. Actually its a pdf file uploaded on google drive & google drive wont support that range of colors . You can download the pdf using the download button as shown in below snap shot :-

Open the downloaded PDF copy on you computer and then it will look fine

Comment

[MENTION=7391]Asad Khan[/MENTION] [MENTION=5280]lovenature[/MENTION] [MENTION=7335]King Kong[/MENTION] [MENTION=10671]khan_g[/MENTION]

Ok guys now I get why you are complaining about colors. Actually its a pdf file uploaded on google drive & google drive wont support that range of colors . You can download the pdf using the download button as shown in below snap shot :-

Open the downloaded PDF copy on you computer and then it will look fine
                        ohhhh man you made the life easier :-) :-) Thanx

Comment

Nice sharing sir

Comment

I dont know why i left ringnecks , like a child who is fed with the toy he owns .....I Sold my proven breeder Ringneck pairs....and started collecting Rosella ,love birds and other parrots (forpus , yellow sided conure ,cockatiels and POW)...though i lost almost half of the new arrivals ...I read alot and thus every new thing fascinates me......without getting mastery over any breed i jump to another...Recently i am taken over by japanese crested budgies (Hagoromo) Only the recent disease outbreak stopped me from doing it
                            Again i am getting back into IRN ....only if finances allow into cobalts ,violets and YHYT.......

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=7335]King Kong[/MENTION] bhai for appreciation. Well Babu is a lucky man as for discovering new mutations one needs more luck than more grey cells in his brain lol. He is well known for introducing new mutations to the world there are lots of stars on his chest just to mention emerald , indigo , saphire , dhani , dominant pieds in ringnecks , blue in plumheads and I dont know how many in Alexandrines.

I agree with you that he might not be very sound in genetics so he tries to name new mutations from marketing point of view by tagging them with the names of gem stones or some precious thing rather than naming based upon how the mutation looks. However those mutations are real & you can see them on real birds . You may blame him for creating confusion but we should give him due credit for discovering new mutations and sharing them with rest of the world.

Regarding amber or umber it is basically what is called misty mutation. Misty is structural just like Dark , Grey or Violet etc and inherits dominant . Because Babu discovered misty in plumheads so he named it as amber.

I am sure you must have seen his latest discovery in ringnecks called dhani. It give genuine purple color when combined with violet, believe me it is to die for

AOA
                              [MENTION=7238]Sherjil[/MENTION] yes no doubt his work n dedication, combo of patience is unquestioned ............ my salutes
                              once i asked him if Amber is Misty he said "NO" n i agree when he say so he definitely pointed something different cos MIsty is already developed n Amber pics were not old .......... geting wt i wnt 2 say ........... u know mutation demands some years to develop n to b at a point where it can b marketed
                              but stilllllllllllllllllll i m not sure wt in actual an amber is
                              i think cos of Indian resident he got major edge ........... in term of geographical probability wt we dnt hv
                              new up coming FuSI .......... still w8g for its update though these brds were not him
                              A still Tongue makes a Wise head

Comment

Working...
                              X