Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights in budgie cage

AoA,

I have a cage on the roof top and i have installed few 100 watt bulbs in the cage., just want to know if it is okay to keep the bulbs on the whole night?

Thanks

Walaikum Assalam,
    Well, I've seen both types of breeders, those who keep the lights on during night while others who keep it off. It's a matter of choice. To provide a natural environment, I'll prefer to keep the lights off at night but there is no major harm in keeping it on.
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Najum ul Saqib View Post
      Walaikum Assalam,
      Well, I've seen both types of breeders, those who keep the lights on during night while others who keep it off. It's a matter of choice. To provide a natural environment, I'll prefer to keep the lights off at night but there is no major harm in keeping it on.
      Well my uncle who is a vet doctor told me that birds need 8 hrs sleep too so there should be no lights on during the night time. I'm just curious as if turn off the lights there might be cold which may effect my birds.

Comment

Originally posted by ftb7007 View Post

Well my uncle who is a vet doctor told me that birds need 8 hrs sleep too so there should be no lights on during the night time. I'm just curious as if turn off the lights there might be cold which may effect my birds.
        Obviously, a vet knows more than me and he is right as I mentioned earlier. If there is an alternative to provide your birds with heat then go for it. Otherwise, keep the lights on, obviously they shouldn't be left in cold weather without any heat source specially when your birds are breeding. Chicks can die due to cold and embryo in the egg can die in the egg as well.
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Comment

Bro, its simple. birds ko kuch time rest ka b chahiyay. so manage it accordingly. agar full night light on ho to morning main band aur andhera rakho. I keep my lights on till 10:00/11:00 PM. pher off kr daita hon. Itny sy raat guzar jati hy. aap apny mutabiq adjust kr lain

Comment

Working...
          X